Bo began his financial services career in 1997, shortly after his father suddenly passed away of a stroke. Bo’s father was not properly prepared financially or insured. Seeing what his mother struggled through financially as a result, it inspired Bo to set a clear objective to help not only his mother financially, but to build a business where he could educate others on the importance of proper financial planning. He started Gibbs Financial Group in 2009 and it is locally owned and operated in Alpharetta, Georgia.
President & CEO
Approved Member of the National Ethics Association & Member of the Better Business Bureau
Bo Gibbs was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska. In May, 1997 he graduated from Indiana University with a degree in Finance and Economics. He is married to Alison Gibbs and is the proud father of three children who include daughter Sophie, 11 and twins Jack and Maddie who are 9. Bo has 19+ years experience in wealth management, insurance and investments. Bo believes that honesty and integrity are more important than anything.
Gibbs Financial Group and Gibbs Wealth Management are very diligent in helping their customers achieve their long-term financial objective. Bo believes everyone should have an advisor who has a commitment to help make things simpler and less complicated.
- Bo graduated from Indiana University in May, 1997 with a degree in Finance and Economics
- Bo was a 4-year student athlete and Captain for the Indiana University’s Men’s tennis team that competed in the Big Ten. After graduation he played professional tennis throughout Europe before starting his career in the financial services industry
- Gibbs Financial Group is locally owned and operated by Bo Gibbs since 2009
- Gibbs Financial Group has been given the highest rating, an A+, by the National Ethics Association and Better Business Bureau
- Bo has over 19 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Bo is a national mentor and trainer to over 500 other financial services professionals across the United States
- Bo is known within the financial services industry as being a successful financial services planner where his business has helped thousands of clients meet their financial planning needs
- Bo has been consistently ranked in the top 1% of financial service professionals since 1999
- Bo was nominated by the Senior Market Advisors for the 2016 Advisor of the Year
Charitable Contributions to Atlanta:
- Gibbs Financial has sponsored “Camp Twin Lakes” a cause for Autistic children and “Wounded Warriors” which supports our military veterans. Gibbs Financial also participates in the annual “Toys for Tots,” Christmas Campaign
Vice President and Chief Operations Officer
Alison Gibbs is originally from Cincinnati, Ohio. She attended Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana where she earned her Bachelors and Masters degrees in psychology and counseling and met her husband, Bo. She worked as a child therapist and high school counselor before leaving the workplace to take care of their 3 children.
Alison and Bo started Gibbs Financial Group together. She currently serves as the Chief Operations Officer. In her free time she enjoys playing tennis and spending time with her family and their golden retriever, Daisy.
Office & Client Account Manager
Denise Ott moved to Suwanee, Georgia with her husband of 34 years in 2012, via St. Louis, and Chicago. She attended college at Waubonsee Community College. She has experience in the public and private school systems for 13+ years as an early childhood teacher and classroom assistant for children with special needs. In addition, she has worked at her church preschool program since moving to Suwanee.
Denise’s free time focuses on spending it with her three married children and their families, though her two sons are in California and daughter is in Chicago. Her four grandchildren (plus two on the way!) are a real joy. Lastly, her hobbies include crafting, art, sewing and photography.
Stacey was born and raised in Forsyth County Georgia and a graduate of North Forsyth High School. Stacey is a hiking enthusiast, adventure seeker and animal lover. Her most recent adventure was a cross country trip where she fell in love with Zion National Park in Utah.
She brings a wide range of experience with her including 9 years as a preschool teacher.
When she isn’t on a mountain, Stacey’s free time is spent entertaining friends, refinishing furniture, or hunting down old record albums.
Owner: Graphic Designer of RedDesign
Freelance Graphic Designer for Gibbs Financial Group
Born and raised in Austin, Texas, Melissa has been involved with the creative arts her entire life. She attended the University of Texas at Austin and majored in art and photography. She has lived in Austin, NYC, Boston and currently resides in Providence, RI. She is the owner/operator of RedDesign, a graphic design and marketing company. Her career began in the printing business then expanded to the graphic, screen printing and digital arts. She has helped numerous small start ups establish branding and marketing strategies.
Melissa also teaches art to adults and children in the Providence area. She is a mobile studio teacher with RiverzEdge Arts, a non-profit organization, that helps ‘at-risk’ youth open themselves to self-expression through the arts.
As the freelance Graphic Designer for Gibbs Financial Group, Melissa advises and produces the marketing and seminar support materials.